Last Updated on April 10, 2023 by Jessica Lauren Vine
Are you asking, “How much fuel does an RV generator use?”
Knowing how much fuel your generator for your RV uses is important so you can always be prepared.
Depending on the size of your RV generator, it will run 0.75 gallons of gas per hour more or less and if you’re using propane, it would use about 3.45 gallons of propane per hour.
What to Know About RV Generator Fuel Consumption
There are some factors that play into how much fuel the generator for your RV will use.
- Smaller generators will use less fuel than larger ones
- If you’re running multiple appliances at once, your generator will use more fuel
- The warmer it is outside, the more fuel your generator will use
If you’re like me, you might have thought that you want to get the biggest generator you can haul around. However, if you do that and you don’t need all of that power, you’ll spend extra money on fuel because of the added size of the generator, even if you didn’t need the extra power.
Running lots of appliances can cause a much higher fuel consumption and if you try to do too much, your generator may shut off. If it does shut off, you just need to unplug some things and start it again with a lesser load.
Having a generator to keep you cool in the hot months can be really helpful but the hotter it is, the more fuel your generator will consume.
Generators to Check Out
This generator saved us from burning due to lack of air conditioning or not being able to cook quite a few times. Works great.Pros:
- Nice run time
- Great brand name
- Lightweight enough for the watts
- Parallel capable
- Not totally budget-friendly
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
- 2,200 Watt
- Trustworthy brand
- Advanced carbon monoxide detection system
- Connects to app with Bluetooth
- Bluetooth connection can be glitchy
- Only uses gas for fuel
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.02/25/2024 10:14 pm GMT
- DH Series Open Frame Inverter
- Wireless Remote Start
- 4,000 Watt
- Quieter than many
- Lighter than many
- Runs a long time
- Pricier than some
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.02/25/2024 05:28 am GMT
How Much Fuel Does an RV Generator Use? – Wrapping It Up
Now you have an idea of how much fuel your RV generator will use. You can plan for how long your generator will run and how much it will cost you to have the energy you need.
Before heading off, make sure to check out these other articles that can help you.
- Best RV Campgrounds & RV Parks Near Anchorage Alaska - December 17, 2023
- Best RV Campgrounds & RV Parks Near Birmingham, Alabama - May 22, 2023
- Do You Need to Chock Both Sides of an RV? - May 7, 2023