Last Updated on April 14, 2023 by Jessica Lauren Vine
Trying to find the best RV portable
Investing in a portable RV
If you hope to purchase the best RV portable
In addition to listing some of the best RV portable waste tanks on the market, this article will also offer a buying guide to make your decision as easy as possible. By using our buying guide or choosing one of the options you’re about to see on this list, you can be sure to have one of the best RV portable waste tanks on the market.
How to Choose the Best RV Portable
These are some of the most important things you need to know about choosing a portable RV
Type of Tank
One of the most important things to keep in mind when choosing your tank is that there are three different types. There are tanks that are only designed to hold gray waste, tanks designed to hold black waste, and tanks that can hold both. If you want an all-purpose portable
Size of the Tank
The smaller your portable tank is, the more often you’ll have to dump it. However, if you choose a tank that’s too big, you’ll have a hard time storing it and transporting it when dumping time comes. Therefore, you would do well to find a happy medium between too big and not big enough.
Material of the Tank
Traditionally, portable waste tanks were made of a wide range of materials. However, manufacturers have found that a mixture of plastic and polyurethane are the best materials to use for waste tanks. They’re lightweight enough to easily transport but durable enough to withstand heavy use. Plastic and polyurethane is also UV-resistant and don’t crack or corrode easily.
Price of the Tank
No matter how good or durable your
Ease of Use
No matter how tight your budget is, you’ll want to invest in a portable
How Does a Portable RV
Waste Tank Work?
The key to using a portable RV
- Connect the sewer hose from the sewer port on your RV to the sewer hookup on your
- Open the flush valve on the portable
waste tankto allow gray and black waste to flow from your RV holding tanks to the waste tank.
- Close the valve when the portable tank is full.
- Close the valves on your RV holding tanks so that waste doesn’t run out when you disconnect the hose.
- Disconnect your sewer hose from the portable tank and RV tanks and put it away.
- Take your portable tank to the nearest dumping station and dump the contents of the tank. You can use your own sewer hose or one at the dump station.
- Make as many trips as necessary to empty your black and gray holding tanks in your RV.
Overall Best RV Portable
Now that you know more about what a portable
Camco Rhino Portable Waste Holding Tank
- Ready to use kit includes everything that you need to get rid of waste without hookups
- Includes everything you need to take off waste
- Heavy duty
- Gate valve for easy emptying
- Customer reported cracking after 3rd year of use
If you’ve been RVing for any length of time, you’re probably familiar with the Camco brand. They’re one of the top names in camping, and their Rhino Portable Waste Holding Tank is no different. This
The Camco Rhino is available in a wide variety of sizes, including 15, 21, 28, and 36 gallons. In addition to being durable and heavy duty, these tanks are also some of the easiest to use and transport. They come with their own tote and attachment system, so you can attach it to your RV ladder during road trips. They also have a steel handle so you can hand-roll it like a suitcase. While the smaller tanks only have two rear wheels, the larger tanks come with four wheels for easier transportation. All in all, there isn’t a better tank on the market.
Barker Tote Along
- 42 Gallon Capacity
- Constructed from blow-molded polyethylene, zinc-plated steel, and aluminum
- Easy to move around
- Quit and smooth moving design
- No lifting required
- A little bulky
Depending on who you ask, they might put the Barker Tote Along Waste Tank ahead of the Camco. However, these two brands typically take the top two spots on most lists of the best RV portable waste tanks. Like the Camco version, the Barker
Regardless of which size you choose, you’re guaranteed to get a quality and durable product. Each version of the tank has four wheels making it very easy to manually transport or tow the tank from your RV to a dump station. It’s also extremely easy to dump and operate when the tank is full thanks to the 3” gate valve on its bottom. Additionally, every Barker tank comes with its own hose and tote, but you might have to get creative in regards to transporting them from place to place.
Best RV Portable
Waste Tank on a Budget
RV Waste Tank
While the first two names on this list are household camping names, Tote-N-Store is anything but. However, while they aren’t as popular as Camco or Barker, Tote-N-Store portable waste tanks are a great option if you’re on a tight budget. Because of their lack of popularity, these waste tanks aren’t as expensive as others on the market even though they’re of a similar quality.
The tank in question has a capacity of 32 gallons, which makes it great for RVs of all size. It’s easy to transport and contains two durable wheels, a convenient handle, and easily attaches to your RV. Additionally, this tank comes with any accessories you need including a hose, mounting bracket, clamps, and a nifty storage compartment to hold everything inside of it.
- Very easy to use and transport
- Durable and built to last
- Budget-friendly option
- Excellent capacity
- The wheels aren’t as durable as those of other tanks
Also in the Running for Best RV Portable
Vingli Portable Tote Tank
Vingli is another name that isn’t as well known as Barker or Camco. However, the Vingli Portable Tote Tank is one of the best on the market and would make an excellent investment for any RVer. It’s also one of the smaller and more portable option on the market and is available in either a 10 or 20-gallon size.
In addition to the small size, the Vingli Portable Tote Tank has massive 6.7” wheels for easy transportation. It also has one of the larger breathing ports to make drainage quick and easy. Finally, this tank is very lightweight and durable, and is made of a high-density polyethylene to ensure this product lasts a long time.
- Very lightweight and easy to transport
- Highly durable
- Large breathing port and drainage tube
- Includes a sewer hose and storage space to hold it
- Has had troubles with leaking
As you can see, there’s no shortage of great RV portable waste tanks. The best in the business will be durable, lightweight, easy to transport, and easy to store. If you’re thinking about buying a
- Best RV Campgrounds & RV Parks Near Birmingham, Alabama - May 22, 2023
- Do You Need to Chock Both Sides of an RV? - May 7, 2023
- Is It Cheaper to Live in an RV or an Apartment in 2023 - April 30, 2023